[Gllug] ``Confidential'' .sigs [Was: hosts.conf/nsswitch.conf

Andrew Halliwell ah at gnd.com
Wed Dec 1 12:43:38 UTC 2004

And verily, didst Jan Minar announce to the hordes:
> On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 11:52:18AM -0000, Wiehe, Simon wrote:
> > And that is my point exactly. I am not blaming Jan for it as he has no co=
> ntrol
> > over it. Consequently he should not blame us for the sigs that our
> > organisations append to our messages. :-)
>
> Simon,
>
> Of course I can generate messages your MUA won't choke upon, and of
> course you have means of not spamming my inbox/gllug with those org.sigs.
> All of us have control, and I am right and you are wrong 8-)
>
> Get a real MUA, 'cause the attachments really *are* annoying.

As someone else mentioned, the sigs have nothing, at all, to do with the
MUA. They are attached, by the server as they leave the system for the big
wide net.

No-one but the company system admin has control over that, and if it's
company policy induced by moronic lawyers with too much time on their hands,
what's he gonna do? Quit his job over an e-mail sig?
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk