[Gllug] My computers got no nose^H^H^H^HCD drive

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 24 16:56:07 UTC 2004

On Fri 24 Dec, Adrian McMenamin wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-12-24 at 16:39, Chris Bell wrote:
>

> >    For your mainly SCSI system but with IDE CD, you will probably need the
> > ide-scsi module loaded ASAP.
> >

> Maybe this is way off-beam, but shouldn't there be something in the
> kernel command line to make that happen? What is your kernel command
> line?

   Debian appears to treat anything in /etc/modules as part of the command
line options, and loads it immediately. The problem I had was that I wanted
a very large IDE and at least one fast SCSI in addition to the main IDE
disc. I partitioned, named, and formatted all the discs, but the SCSI disc
was always missing when FSCK tried to do a check, so booting was halted with
an error message.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk