[Gllug] Decoding digital video

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 8 19:15:22 UTC 2004

On Wed 08 Dec, Ashley Evans wrote:

> After a quick google this looks like a simple case of 'mplayer -vo dxr3
> v4l:// ...' as mplayer supports both v4l and dvb you shouldn't have too many
> problems here.  Looking at the photo of the Sigma card I'd say the output is
> a simple S-Video, not sure about sound though.
>
> Ashley

   I would like to display the output on a monitor screen, and there is a
small round connector labelled VGA input so that the normal VGA output can
be looped through the card, and I gather it should then insert the decoded
signal into the frame. I have no idea on the pin connections for this
connector, and will probably need to hard wire a cable to the board if I can
discover the connections without damaging the cards.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk