[Gllug] Transparent Terminal (for Daniel Berrange)

Russell Howe rhowe at wiss.co.uk
Wed Dec 8 20:21:24 UTC 2004

Urk, silly webmail ate the message and didn't leave me anything to quote. It probably broke threading too.

Anyway, it'd be interesting to see how xterm performs in Xft mode (xterm -fa "Some font", e.g. xterm -fa "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono"), and how it performs when it's doing UTF8 stuff (note that xterm seems to not be capable of doing both UTF8 *and* Xft, at least I haven't found the magic combination of X resources to do it)

At least then the various terminals are on a more level playing field.

Oh, and don't forget vttest to see exactly which terminals are quite simply broken in the first place :)

If this message comes out in some asian encoding, again I blame the webmail :)

--
Russ, pining for a 'net link in SE6

Sent via the WebMail system at wiss.co.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk