[Gllug] ``Confidential`` .sigs

Rich Walker rw at shadow.org.uk
Fri Dec 3 13:40:24 UTC 2004

"t.clarke" <tim at seacon.co.uk> writes:

[snip]
 For example, I have now seen cardboard boxes printed with
> instructions on how to lift them (straight back etc!); I cynically think not
> because of the manufacturers concern for my well-being but for the vague
> possibility hat someone might sue them

ObOffTopic: I just ate a bag of Bombay Mix.

On the back: "Warning - made in a factory where nuts are processed".

Bombay mix typically contains at least one sort of nuts, clearly visible
*through*the*clear*plastic*.

> (we all remember the McDonalds coffee
> incident !).

ObFolkloreCorrection:

McDonalds served their coffee at ~90C. Scalding temperature. A series of
prior cases existed in which people had been burned badly by the
coffee. McDonalds had not done anything about the temperature of the
coffee. Damages were awarded in part because this was *yet*another* such case.

[snip]

cheers, Rich.

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
www.shadow.org.uk/products/newhand.shtml