[Gllug] OT: Printer Cartridges

Jan Kokoska kokoskaj at seznam.cz
Fri Dec 17 12:43:09 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 12:23 +0000, john gennard wrote:
> I have only two 'stations' for cartridges, one for the narrow
> black cartridge and the other for the much larger colour
> cartridge which has five reservoirs for the colour inks. Is it
> that colours are accessed in some sequence? I know I cocked
> things up on another printer and accidentally refilled three
> resevoirs with the wrong colours and got very strange prints.

I don't see how it could print in any other colour than perfectly black,
in this case... supposed it prints anything at all, of course.

But I am sure the manufacturer would have thought of it and had
marketing department make up slogans why only black obtained from mixed
colours enhances your experience and makes you a whole man.. while
keeping the wages high and making their shareholders happy... I'd reckon
the chipped ones won't let you do it.. get the other ones.

Maybe I should be more optimistic at this time of year, you can just try
with the ones you have.

Jan / who thinks every _good_ electrician has touched live wire at least
once.. but it were only the bad ones who did it again.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk