[Gllug] OT: Printer Cartridges

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 17 12:56:03 UTC 2004

On Fri 17 Dec, john gennard wrote:

> These cartridges are 'chipped', but they only show the level of
> ink remaining. If they register the usage, I don't know what
> they use that info is put to.

   The display may indicate a percentage, but of the time before an "out of
ink" warning, not the amount of ink used. You will always waste some ink
every time the printer does a head clean, so if you have no intention of
using colour from a cartridge you could just inject pure water, or the
liquid sold as head cleaning fluid.

   Beware that if the cartridge leaks it tends to drop straight on to the
main board below, causing irreparable damage.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk