[Gllug] Recommended distro

Huw Lynes huw-l at moving-picture.com
Wed Dec 15 09:51:38 UTC 2004

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 21:11:33 +0000
Nix <nix at esperi.org.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Huw Lynes moaned:
> >        . Of course if a really badly designed license server used, say for
> > example, the inode number of /bin/tail you are going to be screwed
> > regardless of the hardware platform you are running on.
> >
> > Not that I'm bitter or anything.
>
> bitter & licenses -> flexlm

I am amazed by the bright and happy outlook you have upon the field of
licensing. Flexlm is my favourite license manager in that it tends to break in
obvious ways and has at least some concept of redundancy.

No, there are many license managers far worse than Flexlm. Be glad you don't
have to tangle with them.

--
| Huw Lynes               | The Moving Picture Company  |
| System Administrator    | 127 Wardour Street          |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk