[Gllug] Mail server

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Thu Dec 9 13:40:47 UTC 2004

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004, adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk moaned:
> nix at esperi.org.uk wrote:
>> On Tue, 07 Dec 2004, adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk mused:
>> > My current problem is that I have (for historical reasons) got kmail
>> > running on a reasonable but not fantastic Athlon 800 MHz/128MB box and
>> > when I run spamassassin (I get a *lot* of spam) it locks the box up -
>>
>> Fixes, if you really must run SA from your mailer (ick bleah):
>
> Back in the day this was my only PC, now I have, err, several, I will
> distribute the functions.

Even if it's your only PC, running SA in procmail or something is
preferable because then SA's time hit is imposed while the mail is
coming in, when you could be off doing something else, not when you're
in your mail client wanting to read the stuff.

--
`The sword we forged has turned upon us
 Only now, at the end of all things do we see
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk