[Gllug] Transparent Terminal

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Dec 7 12:54:25 UTC 2004

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Ashley Evans moaned:
> On Sunday 05 December 2004 23:37, Nix wrote:
>> Indeed, but alas, KDE doesn't use the compositing extension yet, and
>> there are as far as I know no halfway-stable compositing managers
>> anyway. (KDE and GNOME will probably end up providing their own.)
>
> Let's all hope and pray that they develop a nice clean, portable*
> implementation that can be shared between not only GNOME and KDE but other
> projects too....

I doubt that. The interaction with the compositing extension is likely
to take place partially in the toolkit/widget set, just as the
interaction with most other X extensions does.

So the KDE (Qt) and GNOME (Gtk) implementations are likely to be
separate. Qt and Gtk are just too different.

--
`The sword we forged has turned upon us
 Only now, at the end of all things do we see
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk