[Gllug] My computers got no nose^H^H^H^HCD drive

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Thu Dec 23 17:58:44 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-23 at 17:29 +0000, Mike Brodbelt wrote:
[snip]
> Comparing that to your output makes me wonder if you're missing a
> chipset driver, so the generic ide support is loading, but not something
> you need for your board. What does lspci show?

0000:00:04.1 IDE interface: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 IDE (rev 01)
(prog-if 80 [Master])
        Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32
        I/O ports at d800 [size=16]

>  On 2.6, you may get some
> joy from looking at /sys/bus/ide as well.

duplo:/etc# ls -R /sys/bus/ide
/sys/bus/ide:
devices  drivers

/sys/bus/ide/devices:

/sys/bus/ide/drivers:
ide-cdrom

/sys/bus/ide/drivers/ide-cdrom:
duplo:/etc#

No actual entities there - just directories.

I seem to have the same IDE chipset as you, and the piix module is
loaded.

Hmmm.  Odd.

John

--