[Gllug] [OT] Unlocking Mobile Phone

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Sun Dec 12 11:07:16 UTC 2004

Mike Brodbelt writes:

>My impression is that their cost recovery model assumes an average
>number of calls. If you switch operator inside your contract period by
>unlocking the phone, you pay only line rental, which may not be
>sufficient for them to recover handset costs.

Their problem not mine. If they want to avoid losses, then they need
to price it such that:

	handset + 12 * monthly line rental > actual handset cost

If they choose not to do so, then they have to accept that some
people will take advantage of it. There's nothing illegal about that.
But I suspect that they *do* recoup the cost of the handset, even if
you don't make any calls anyway.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk