[Gllug] Web Site Development

Peter Childs blue.dragon at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Dec 12 09:21:45 UTC 2004

    I would like to develop a web site. However I do not want to wire
every page up in long hand html.
So I think I need some form of Wiki of which there are several hundred
from what I can see. My main requirements are as follows ideas would be
liked.

Easy of use most of the people with the content are not computer hacks
and I know computers but my english is pritty terrible.

Secure not just anyone can edit or add to the web pages without the
correct authority

Extenablity, easy to add new features E-Commerce is wanted eventually.
(This is for a London Mini-Cab company)

Will work on most web servers, Our web hosting company is currently
http://www.verio.co.uk/ This is only for historical reasons. So we have
access to php, perl, etc (they are using BSD) This can be changed...

Any idea would be most helpful.

Peter Childs

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk