[Gllug] Sun hardware/firewall memory

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Tue Dec 21 11:57:11 UTC 2004

On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 11:09:20AM +0000, Martin wrote:
> Bruce Richardson wrote:
>
> >I think he may be confusing it with "multi-user", which still would not
> >
> >be entirely accurate.  Enabling terminal services on Win2k server is
> >enough to qualify it as genuinely multi-user.
> >

> XP Pro has remote desktop facilities which means more that one person
> can use it.

Remote Desktop is just terminal services with fancier packaging.
However, does XP Pro genuinely allow multiple remote logins or does it
just allow a remote user to view or take over the console-user's
existing session?  I'd wager it's the latter, with full terminal
services only available on the server version.  Artificial limitations
of this nature are what their price differentials are based on, after
all.

--
Bruce

A problem shared brings the consolation that someone else is now
feeling as miserable as you.