[Gllug] Sun hardware/firewall memory

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Mon Dec 20 22:17:46 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-20 at 20:38 +0000, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> I suppose this is marginally off topic, but...something to ponder.
>
> The Sparcstation 20 box I bought a few weeks ago for a fiver doesn't
> appear to do much better in published benchmarks than a simple pre-mmx
> pentium system that would have cost 50 - 75% less than the sparc when it
> was manufactured.
>
> So, what is so great about the Sparc that it cost so much more?

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away a war raged between the
forces of the Cisc Lords and the Risc Alliance.

Many systems were laid to waste.
The Evil Empire arose, led by the Emperor.
The Clone War broke out, only to be crushed by Lord Jobs.

The fate of the galaxy now depends on a young Gnu knight,
brought up in the icy wastes.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk