[Gllug] FUD? MS Small Business Server and Samba no-no

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Wed Dec 22 11:06:45 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 03:40 +0000, Tom Schutzer-Weissmann wrote:
[snip]
> This was blamed on the fact that SBS gets stroppy if there is another
> file server on the network - ie the Linux machine. To the objection that
> there was already another Windows machine serving files, it was claimed
> that it was different if it was another Windows machine, SBS didn't mind
> *that*.
>
> It sounds like FUD to me.

More than FUD - it's complete and utter bullshit.  It sounds like one of
those, "We have no idea what's wrong with our box so we'll simply make
something up." explanations.

I'd meet it head on - point out to them that what they're saying is that
their SBS server has a really, really nasty bug in it (it's unstable in
circumstances where it has absolutely no reason to be) and ask what they
are going to do to fix it?

John

--
John Winters <john at sinodun.org.uk>