[Gllug] 802.11b/g cards

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 10 00:44:09 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 15:30 +0000, Huw Lynes wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 14:38:22 +0000
> Leslie Till <les_till at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> I didn't know about ndiswrapper, so that's something else to read about. At
> least I now know one card I can buy off the shelf and get working.

Using ndiswrapper basically amounts to taking a piece of binary only
code, designed and written for Windows, and running it in kernel space,
right in ring 0. I cannot conceive of any possible reason for being in a
position where one might consider this if you're still shopping for
hardware......

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk