[Gllug] Sun hardware/firewall memory

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Tue Dec 21 11:06:55 UTC 2004

On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 10:54:05AM +0000, Doug wrote:
> Christopher Hunter wrote:
> >Meantime to blue-screen crash on Win XP is a matter of minutes rather than
> >hours, these days.
>
> Nah, the newer windows versions are stable, in and of themselves.
>
> >No Windoze (including NT and XP) has ever been "multi-tasking".   MS have
> >always claimed it was, but that's just more marketing bluster.
>
> And that's just a bizarre claim.  I think you must be using a different
> definition of multi-tasking from any I have come across before.

I think he may be confusing it with "multi-user", which still would not
be entirely accurate.  Enabling terminal services on Win2k server is
enough to qualify it as genuinely multi-user.

--
Bruce

Bitterly it mathinketh me, that I spent mine wholle lyf in the lists
against the ignorant.  -- Roger Bacon, "Doctor Mirabilis"