[Gllug] OT: Printer Cartridges

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Fri Dec 17 18:57:41 UTC 2004

Ashley Evans writes:

>If you're printing in high quantities it may be worth selling this printer
>'as is' on eBay and investing in a quality second-hand LASER printer.

Even if you're not going for high volumes, I'd say trying to mess around
with the cartridges in an inkjet printer is false economy. A quick scan of
ebay shows you can get a quality PostScript laser printer like a Lexmark
Optra E312 for 50 quid, and lesser lasers even cheaper than that. You can
probably get 25 quid or so for a Stylus Photo 810, so a laser starts to
look like very good value, and will give you better print quality and
faster printing. For an effective outlay of 25 quid, it sounds like a
no brainer to me.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk