[Gllug] C++ Templates, Opinions?

mimo mimo at restoel.net
Fri Dec 17 17:26:31 UTC 2004

Nix wrote:

> I personally think templates are by far the best feature of C++. If you
>
>want to be awed, read Alexandrescu's mistitled _Modern C++ Design_:
><http://www.accu.org/cgi-bin/accu/rvout.cgi?from=0au_a&file=m002281a>.
>
>As Francis says in his review,
>
>`By the time you have finished reading and thinking about this material
> you will wonder why you ever doubted the power of C++ templates.'
>
>He's right.

Just a question: have you ever seen a linux implementation of the loki
library? The one you can download from his site works on Visual C++, but
the linux version is missing all the essential features (_for me_) like
thread safety.

mimo

--
Please note that this account is being filtered using anti UCE systems. If you send email to this account make sure that it could not be mistaken as UCE.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk