[Gllug] Recommended distro

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Mon Dec 13 01:22:02 UTC 2004

Nelson Menezes writes:

>OK, maybe I should have mentioned I'm also a developer and
>like to tinker with settings beyond the regular uses of a
>"home desktop" system. I do think that Mandrake/Red Hat (my
>experience) do offer all that a regular home user might want.

And, indeed, all that most developers would want, too. They happen to
be quite good at handholding for newbies, but it's a myth that they're
no good for the advanced user. In fact (at least with Fedora), I'd
go as far as to say that it's far easier to tinker with than other
distros. I'm using a mix of FC2 and FC3 machines at the moment. Truth
be told, though, from your stated requirements, I'd say that *any* of
the mainstream distributions would be fine, and it comes down to personal
preference.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk