[Gllug] How to access files on Win platform through Linux

Harvey Kelly harvey.kelly at kcl.ac.uk
Fri Feb 13 12:46:14 UTC 2004

-------------------
>On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 12:30, gaurav verma wrote:
> I have installed both Win2000 & RedHat Linux9.0 on my system. How
can I
copy
> or access the files stored on Win2000 through Linux. Can somebody
help me
> please?

Add something like:

/dev/hda1    /c    vfat    auto,user    0    0

... (where your windows installation probably equals hda1) in your
/etc/fstab. Be
sure to mkdir /c as root though, and it'll automatically be mounted
next boot.

This'll probably work!  - it's been a while since I've mounted (or
used) a
windows partition ;)

Harvey
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk