[Gllug] xfce - Re: Konqueror won't hold file associations

Stephan Bourgeois strangelv at lycos.co.uk
Mon Feb 16 08:35:39 UTC 2004

Sorry, it's not a direct fix to your problem, more of lateral thinking.
This year I put Linux in two of my friends' computers. Both are the
litterary type (read : "computers are so complicated / confusing"). I've
installed Xfce, configured the panel with only the applications they use
everyday, and set the file associations in xffm (the xfce filem
manager). There is a lot to say *against* xffm in terms of user
interface. But on the whole, xfce has meant my friends started right
away to use their computer without thinking about it, and I have had
very few "technical support" phonecalls. Xfce is still in development,
but I've been using it since January, and even the stuff I've built from
CVS is stable. Think about it...
Yours, Steph.
--
Operant conditionning : A process in which responses are learned
on the basis of their rewarding or punishing consequences.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk