[Gllug] Konqueror won't hold file associations

Formi formi at sdf-eu.org
Sat Feb 14 21:53:25 UTC 2004

formi <-(@)-> sdf-eu.org
SDF-EU Public Access UNIX System - http://sdf-eu.org

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:

> Hi folks.
>
> I'm off overseas for a couple of weeks and my partner wants to be able
> to watch movies on the computer.  So I figured I'd set up Konqueror to
> by-default open mplayer -fs.  Problem is, whenever I set this as the
> default action, it does it that time but loses the association.
>
> Running from the command-line, I get these warnings:
>
> ASSERT: "m_pService" in ../../../kio/kfile/kopenwith.cpp (668)
>
> locate kopenwith.cpp returns nothing.  The file doesn't exist!
>
> Am I missing some vital file?  Where should it go?

 Oddly enough my latest build of firefox has a similarly disturbing
behaviour. It forgets settings, like after I have been logged into webmin
with https for a while, it complains ssl is not activated.

 It's like if it had Parkinson's, I have deleted everything related to
mozilla, phoenix or firebird in the system, but I have to keep resorting
to use about:config to put things back.

 I shall not mention my feelings for kde.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk