TMDA Re: [Gllug] New worm doing the rounds?

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Tue Feb 17 12:03:52 UTC 2004

On Monday, 16 Feb 2004, Peter Childs wrote:
>    My instant response to the SPF and other challenage response methods
>was "That will never work!" woth out even looking any further.

SPF is not a challenge-response method.

SPF does have a number of dangerous deficiencies, but at least it
passes the most basic tests; it admits of gradual adoption (failed by
Microsoft's computational challenge) and does not require fiddly
end-user operations (failed by most current challenge-response
schemes).

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> Kill the tomato!
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk