[Gllug] Members Only Posting

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Tue Feb 24 21:55:18 UTC 2004

Jason Clifford wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, t.clarke wrote:
>

>>I have subscribed as tim1 at seacon.co.uk, to segregate list messages from my
>>other email,   but I post from tim at seacon.co.uk;   so I guess it can't be
>>'members only' posting !!
>

> When you first posted from that address someone saw your message in the
> moderation queue and approved it while also specifying that messages from
> that address are to be accepted. There is a smallish list of addresses
> where this has happened.
>
> Jason Clifford

has that happened to me too ???

subscribed as
sean-gllug at uncertainty.org.uk

I've been on this list for ages and remember a few discussions about
making it a subscriber only list - but didn't think that it had happened.

Also; last time I looked (a year or two ago) the subscriber list was
available to all subscribers - now it is just admins...

I've always been very glad of the list admin work that has been done -
and still am (I'm just suprised by the changes)

--

Sean
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk