[Gllug] GLLUG Meeting, 28th February 2004

GLLUG Organiser gllugadmin at gllug.org.uk
Wed Feb 25 10:35:33 UTC 2004

GLLUG Meeting, 28th February 2004

The Greater London Linux Users Group is having another meeting.

  There is a GLLUG meeting on Saturday 28th February 2004, between 1:30pm
  and 4pm. (* NOTE CHANGE IN TIME *)

  We will be meeting in the New Cavendish Street campus of Westminster
  University. This is in the shadow of the BT Tower, the nearest tube
  stations are Great Portland Street, Warren Street and Goodge Street.
  You will find a map at http://www.wmin.ac.uk/static/maps.asp or
  via the html version of this message at the GLLUG web site at
  http://www.gllug.org.uk/meeting-20040228.html

  NOTE: you will need to sign in at the front desk to gain access to
  the building.

  This event is FREE to members and non-members alike, if you want to
  join GLLUG, sign on to the gllug-announce mailing list, detailed on
  website.

*SCHEDULE*

  We have two main talks, and 1 mini-talk planned. These will be in the
  large lecture theatre on the second floor:

13:30 - 14:00	Welcome and Introduction.

14:00 - 14:45	/Richard Cohen/
		- Wireless Networking on Linux

14:45 - 15:00	Break

15:00 - 15:45	/Robert McKenzie/
		- Nagios - Open source host, service and network monitor

15:45 - 15:50	Break

15:50 - 16:15	Jason Clifford
		- P2P Pages - a P2P PIM/Directory

16:15 - 16:30	Closing announcements

  Do please be aware that we can't guarantee that the talks will happen
  at the times stated, but we will do our best to make sure they do.

*Other Activities*

  Unfortunately we're not sure whether the labs will be available this
  weekend, they may be, they may not be. You've been warned.

*AFTER*

  After the meeting, for those that want, the group will move off to
  'The Green Man' public house, very close to Great Portland Street. Even
  if you were unable to make the daytime meeting, please feel free to
  join us at the pub. To help you find the pub have a look at the link
  on the website.

*Mailing Lists*

    This is the moderated announcements only mailing list, very low
    traffic, with approximately 1 message every two weeks.

    This is the main mailing list, with about 30 messages per day
    on average.

    Moderate traffic for organisation and announcement of social events,
    such as pub meetings, cinema trips, etc.

*Contact us*

  If you have any ideas for future events, you can either discuss
  them on the main mailing list, or get our direct attention by
  mailing to gllugadmin at gllug.org.uk
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk