[Gllug] sending mail inside nt-based lan

ben f ben_m_f at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 6 11:30:57 UTC 2004

 --- Jason Clifford <jason at ukpost.com> wrote: > On
Fri, 6 Feb 2004, ben f wrote:
<snip>

> Have you spoken to the Exchange admin?
>
> (S)He may be willing to authorise your system to
> send mail again.

They are touchy about it following the disabling of
relaying due to spam incidents. Why they can't enable
it for just me, I don't know. Surely xchange can do
this? I'm not going to kick a fuss up as I'm walking
soon enough!

I'll have to treat it as good ssh practice...

ps to John!

> Not having a go at you Ben
> (and anyone on GLLUG will tell you I'm just a big
> teddy bear anyway!)

> But:
> Free as in Speech, not Free as in Beer.

That's fair enough. I was just kidding (I'm from up
North!). I will part with coins for GNU etc! The
reason I won't in this case is because I can use ssh
to get the job done. My company won't pay for the
ximian connector as I'm the only person in the
building
running linux....though we have servers with it one
these obviously don't require the ximian connector.

Anyway, I couldn't bring myself to put the mutt down.

Cheers,

Ben

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk