[Gllug] gaim uninstall/reinstall problem

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Fri Feb 6 23:49:50 UTC 2004

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 11:07:25PM +0000, Will wrote:
> Grateful thanks to you and all respondents for the valuable advice. And
> sorry for not making it clear that I am running Mandrake 9.2, its just
> that I find RH rpms tend to work with Mandrake (eg the yahoo messenger
> one).

It's rare to find a package for which there's a Red Hat package but not
a Mandrake one, particularly wrt user tools.  It's often not a great
idea to use rpms from one distribution on another: the packaging format
may be the same but they differ in some crucial paces and you can cause
some damage.

> Can I use the up2date service as a Mandrake user?

No.

--
Bruce

Remember you're a Womble.