[Gllug] USb scanner not recognised at boot time

Simon Perry Simon.Perry at dsl.pipex.com
Sat Feb 21 12:41:54 UTC 2004

Hi All,

I am running debian woody (stable) and have a Mustek  UB Plus USB
scanner setup and running with SANE. My problem is that if I have the
scanner plugged in at boot time it does not detect the scanner but if I
unplug/plug the scanner after the system is up it is recognised and
everything works. Now I'd rather not be moving the computer and fiddling
with cables on every reboot. So my questions are...

Does anyone know how to get the scanner detected at boot time.

Or, can I force the kernel to rescan the USB bus without unplugging and
replugging the scanner.

TIA.

Simon
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk