[Gllug] ext3 disk recovery?

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Thu Feb 26 19:53:54 UTC 2004

On Thu 26 Feb, Wulf Forrester-Barker wrote:

> I was doing so well with Linux at home - having had a fatal Windows
> crash on what was my only home machine I ended up getting a couple of
> new machines, a home network and installing Linux (Morphix) on an
> alternative disk I put in the original machine.

   You say that it is a dual-boot machine. There are some M$ viruses around
which corrupt the MBR of discs. There may be nothing wrong with the
hardware, but a M$ virus may have over-written the MBR.
   Another possible problem that has affected more than one machine here is
a loose power connector to a drive. I have been able to poke an old broken
needle between the metal and the housing to tighten the connectors.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk