[Gllug] logitec usb headset freezes mandrake 9.2

Will Napier will at thinkingsuccess.com
Sat Feb 14 11:08:47 UTC 2004

The model is usb headset 30. Is there any way out of this? I bought it

>>from ... PC World. I knew I was taking a risk and so far it hasn't paid
>>off. As soon as you plug in to a usb port the mouse and everything else
>>freezes. Is this a software confict? I have a usb mouse and printer that
>>

>On a console window, as root type:
>tail -f /var/log/messages
>
>Plug the thing in. Let us know what the entries are.

The entries are:

Feb 14 10:25:12 localhost kernel: hub.c: new USB device 00:0c.1-1,
assigned address 2

Feb 14 10:25:12 localhost kernel: input: USB HID v1.00 Device [logitech
logitech USB Headset] on USB 4:2.3

Feb 14 10:25:16 localhost /etc/hotplug/usb . agent: Setup hid for USB
.product 46d/a01/113

Will Napier

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk