[Gllug] logitec usb headset freezes mandrake 9.2

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Sat Feb 14 11:31:04 UTC 2004

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004, Will Napier wrote:

> The model is usb headset 30. Is there any way out of this? I bought it
>

> The entries are:
>
> Feb 14 10:25:12 localhost kernel: hub.c: new USB device 00:0c.1-1,
> assigned address 2
>
> Feb 14 10:25:12 localhost kernel: input: USB HID v1.00 Device [logitech
> logitech USB Headset] on USB 4:2.3
>
> Feb 14 10:25:16 localhost /etc/hotplug/usb . agent: Setup hid for USB
> .product 46d/a01/113

So the USB subsystem is seeing it being plugged in.

My guess is that you will find no Linux support for this device,
though a session with Google could prove me wrong.

Also the device may be drawing too much surrent from the USB port,
out of the range of the specs, and that's why it is locking up.
Just speculation.

Try powering up wih the device already inserted. You still won't get
a module loade, but the PC might still work.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk