[Gllug] Undelete...?

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Thu Feb 5 17:15:39 UTC 2004

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Jason Clifford wrote:

> How does your CVS filesystem help you if it's the configuration for that
> service that is changed first? The same can of course be said for cron.
>
> There is no substitute for competent management.

Jason, perhaps you don't understand fully.
Both David and I work in installing/managing/configuring Beowulf clusters.

Me, right at the moment I am working on a high availability failover
cluster. Remotely via ssh.
I've got the thing working fine, but I've been asked to make some changes.
So far so good, but I'm making some significant changes to files in
/etc/ha.d
If I make a slipup, or don't remember to back out of the changes after
tests things could be bad.
Yes, the sane thing to do is save .original files or whatever.
But I agree with DAvid - CVS would help with things like that.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk