TMDA Re: [Gllug] New worm doing the rounds?

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Wed Feb 11 12:38:54 UTC 2004

Rev Simon Rumble writes:

>I happily predict that you, and everyone else, will have some form of
>challenge-response filter on your mail box in two years' time.
>
>I can't see any other way.  Soon as I get some decent infrastructure
>in place, I'll be going that way myself.

What on earth makes you think that will solve the problem? As soon as
challenge-response systems become commonplace, you can be assured that
spammers will come up with systems to automate the response to your
challenge, and we're back to where we started. Yes, the response can
be made harder to automate, for example by sending it back an image,
but that's not insurmountable, and you can be assured that spammers
will be inventive enough to find a way to do it.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk