[Gllug] Basic Firewall Policy

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Thu Feb 12 11:00:02 UTC 2004

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Harry Mantheakis wrote:

> I know that implementing computer security is, like home security, an
> exercise in judging which risks are acceptable, and which are not.
>
> The problem is, I have no idea how to make that judgement with computers!
>
> So my question is: what would you consider to be the *basic* and *essential*
> steps to take in respect of setting up a firewall?

The answer is entirely dependant upon the specific applications the server
handles and your access polcies.

Without knowing them the answers to this thread are unlikely to be
accurate or very useful as they will have to be too general.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/	   ADSL Broadband from just £23.75 / month

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk