[Gllug] Help ! Problem after installing RedHat Linux9.0

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Wed Feb 11 16:20:15 UTC 2004

"gaurav verma" writes:

>I have tried it. But nothing happens. My hardware clock is not working
>.Somebody told me this can be the reason. But I don't know how to correct
>this.

It's unlikely to be the cause. What do you mean by "not working"? Not
having the correct time, or something else. If it's the former, then
boot with "init=/bin/sh" as a kernel parameter, set the correct time
with "date 021116212004" (for example), and then "hwclock --systohc".

Incidentally, how long have you left it after it appears to hang?
You should wait at least 5 minutes.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk