[Gllug] Help ! Problem after installing RedHat Linux9.0

gaurav verma gaurav_v_13 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 11 16:13:46 UTC 2004

>From: Xander D Harkness <xander at harkness.co.uk>
>To: Greater London Linux Users Group <gllug at gllug.org.uk>
>Subject: Re: [Gllug] Help ! Problem after installing RedHat Linux9.0
>Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 16:00:14 +0000
>
>On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 12:16, gaurav verma wrote:
> > Hello,
> >      I had installed Linux9.0 on my system. There was no error during
>the
> > installation. But after rebooting ( or whenever I boot) the system stops
> > after the following line :
> >

> >            Configuring Kernel Parameters :                           [
>OK ]
> >

> > I had tried the installation with both the loaders ( GRUB or LILO ) with
> > many options like text installation, or Desktop installation etc. but I
>am
> > getting the same problem .Can anybody please help ?
>I believe this is due to the installation not calculating correctly the
>amount of memory you have.
>
>Try during the install putting mem=128 or however much you have
>(including deductions for shared memory on a video card if you have one)
>
>Kind regards
>Xander
>

>--

I have tried it. But nothing happens. My hardware clock is not working
.Somebody told me this can be the reason. But I don't know how to correct
this.

Thanks,
Gaurav

Play the prediction game on MEZ. Win Sehwag’s autographed T-shirts.
http://go.msnserver.com/IN/41491.asp Predict and win on myenjoyzone.com.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk