[Gllug] Linux DRM?

Mamading Ceesay evangineer at ntlworld.com
Sat Feb 21 14:55:09 UTC 2004

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:20:34 -0800 (PST)
Murray KDE wrote:

> Thing is, Creative Archive != Interactive Media
> Player.  They are related, but separate it would seem.
>

> Also, DRM "not necessary" != "not used".  Their stuff
> is still copyright, even if it's available for free,
> and the ability to have it online != available until
> the end of time in all cases.
>
> Which brings me right back to wondering if there is
> any DRM technology compatible with linux, because it's
> hard to argue for support of a platform if it is
> missing and is integral to what they need to offer
> such a service.

Will be in a meeting next week with a BBC R&D guy and possibly some
Creative Archive folks.  I'll try and get more details of what is
going on and if possible, I will raise the issue of DRM and of Linux
support.

--
Mamading Ceesay - SCO delenda est! - http://www.scocountdown.com
Essential reading for all computer users:
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk