TMDA Re: [Gllug] New worm doing the rounds?

Anthony Chapman anth at earthling.net
Thu Feb 19 22:07:00 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 17:59, Jason Clifford wrote:
> We already implement SMTP AUTH and a lot of our more savvy users already
> make use of the facility however UKFSN is not a typical ISP. The users are
> not, generally speaking, the same kind of users one might expect at AOL or
> other large ISPs.

SMTP AUTH is beyond many users, but thats OK because most ISPs seem to
let their customers send mail via the web these days.

SPF is already being used. The company that I work for sends out
newsletters by email (only to those to request them of course).
Unfortunately they can look like spam, and a couple of months back got
blocked by AOL. Before unblocking us AOL wanted to hear about what it
takes to get on or off the subscriber list, and we also had to add a DNS
record for our outgoing mail server.

--
Attention: "Insert Company Name Here" detected a virus in a message
you recently sent to our location.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk