[Gllug] Seting up RAID level 1

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Feb 27 21:52:45 UTC 2004

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Paul Nasrat spake:
> On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 10:55:37AM +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
>
> Hey it's a Friday I'll bite[0]
[snip]
> [0] I still think *Nix is likely to win

Naah. My system is downright pedestrian in too many ways (still GNOME 1,
no KDE) and only one is even using LVM, because migrating running
systems to LVM without pulling them down is a bit of a sod.

The hacked ABI on my ix86 boxes is unusual, admittedly, but the primary
effect of that (other than a slight speed increase due to reduced stack
buggering around function calls) is to make it utterly agonising to get
things like SSP/ProPolice to work. (And GCC's improved inlining is now
able to zap enough small functions in many cases that that advantage is
declining.)

(Besides, `scariest, most bleeding edge' implies *new*, not `several
years old and never submitted to anyone because it's a bloody mess' like
said ABI stuff. :) )

I'm sufficiently pedestrian that I'm trying to work out how to hack
portage into conforming with my policies, dammit, so I can use
them to do most of the grunt work.

Demi-Gentoo: I'll be downright *conventional*. :)

--
`note to the crown prosecution service: Machine guns dont have a
 'stun' setting.' --- mjw
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk