[Gllug] gaim uninstall/reinstall problem

Will Napier will at thinkingsuccess.com
Fri Feb 6 23:07:25 UTC 2004

>>Register and use RHN with up2date, this will allow you to just type
>>up2date -u gaim
>>up2date will then sort out all the required dependencies
>>
>>You can go to freshrpms.net, download and install apt or yum
>>
>>once apt is installed you can type:
>>
>>apt-get update to get a current list of the available rpms
>>then
>>apt-get install gaim to install the latest gaim and all dependencies.
>>
>>Kind regards
>>Xander

Grateful thanks to you and all respondents for the valuable advice. And
sorry for not making it clear that I am running Mandrake 9.2, its just
that I find RH rpms tend to work with Mandrake (eg the yahoo messenger
one). Can I use the up2date service as a Mandrake user? And how does
this service relate to synaptic, which I have successfully installed
with the dependent apt and libapt?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk