[Gllug] Debian or Fedora

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 23 14:54:48 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 13:45, john at sinodun.org.uk wrote:

> >> That used to be the case but it isn't any more.  The new Debian
> >> installation ISO (not released yet, but very useable) will let you
> >> install Sarge directly.
> >
> > As it's not released yet, I tend to not mention it to new users.
>
> No reason why not - if a new user is wanting a Sarge installation it's
> probably the best way to get there.  Sarge hasn't been released yet
> either.

No, but Sarge is pretty stable, relatively speaking. The new installer
isn't yet that stable IMO. Last time I saw it in action, it didn't work,
and we ended up going back to the woody installer, and just
dist-upgrading to Sarge. The new installer is still in the category of
"might work for you" as far as I'm concerned.

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk