[Gllug] Samba problem

ben f ben_m_f at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 10 12:28:28 UTC 2004

 --- will <will at hellacool.co.uk> wrote: > ben f wrote:
> >  --- will <will at hellacool.co.uk> wrote: > ben f
> wrote:
> > <snip>
>
> Bugger. I guess I will have to assign individual
> users and make the
> directory 777 as a temporary measure.  I don't want
> to have to do that
> though.  Just a thought, could it be the CamelCase
> group name or it's
> charachter length that is causing the problem?

Don't take my word as final. I tried, failed and
gave up! I don't see why it can't be done, though.

> wbinfo seems to return some confusing information
> though:
>
> [root at file2 shares]# wbinfo
> --authenticate=jessop_w%mypassword
> --domain=MYDOMAIN
> plaintext password authentication failed
> error code was NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER
> (0xc000000d)
> error messsage was: Unexpected information received
> Could not authenticate user jessop_w%moribund with
> plaintext password
> challenge/response password authentication succeeded

I use this syntax:

wbinfo -a MYDOMAIN+myusername%mypass
(where my winbind separator is '+')

This returns the slightly odd:

plaintext password authentication succeeded
error code was NT_STATUS_OK (0x0)

> > man smb.conf - it's verbose but I'm sure it will
> give
> > you many ideas.
>
> Read it at length ;)

I'd recommend having a cup of tea/coffee after that!

Ben

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk