[Gllug] Can I get this to work?

Adrian McMenamin adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Sat Jan 17 14:15:34 UTC 2004

Most weeks I spend three or four days working in a building where everything
is firewalled out except for proxied connections. In other words if I try to
run an ssh client I can neither resolve names nor even connect when I use the
dotted numbers.

However I can use the provided browser (which has some sort of proxy
connection - which I can guess at) to connect to any port on any real world
machine eg attempting to access http://mymachine.org.uk:22 will put an sshd
version string up in my browser window etc.

Now, all I want to do is connect to my box at home and run kmail over port
forwarded X. I have an X server on the client side (cygwin). Can I solve
this? Asking for changes in the firewall configuration isn't an option.

Adrian
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk