[Gllug] DMZ to inside copy

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Thu Jan 15 18:30:04 UTC 2004

scp and the trust relationship is one solution that others have
already outlined.  However, I have problems creating extra login
accounts on sensitive machines, and I think you should avoid this if
at all possible.

So a question: are the logs themselves very sensitive?  Probably not
particularly sensitive I would think.  In which case, why not publish
the logs over HTTP from the DMZ machine using an obscure URL, eg:

Alias /private-logs/ /var/log/apache/
<Location /private-logs/>
  Allow from restricted.ip.address
</Location>

Then use a simple wget on the LAN machine to fetch the logs.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones. http://www.annexia.org/ http://freshmeat.net/users/rwmj
"One serious obstacle to the adoption of good programming languages is
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk