[Gllug] DMZ to inside copy

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Fri Jan 16 09:26:13 UTC 2004

Bruce Richardson writes:

>You could use e-mail.  Write a script that e-mails the logs.  OK, this
>means the logs will travel over an insecure transport (over the public
>internet to your gateway mail server) but you can always have the script
>encrypt the logs using gpg before mailing them.  Again, this could be a
>cronjob or a script the user runs.

There's no reason that email has to go out over the Internet. It could
simply be routed through the firewall to the internal network. Of course,
that would mean opening up a hole in the firewall, but if that's an
acceptable risk, then you have a solution. Personally I'd just create
a log tranfer user, and use scp with a suitable keypair, as others have
suggested.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk