[Gllug] Production system - Linux 2.4.24, LVM and cciss

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Mon Jan 12 14:47:42 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 12:18:06PM +0100, John wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Dale Gallagher wrote:
>
> > Thanks for your feedback!  I'd appreciate any further advice.
> >

> On this list, I've always recommended Arkeia  www.arkeia.com
>
> Alternatives are of course Amanda and Mondo Rescue.

Mondo Rescue is probably best used in combination with a more complex
backup solution like Arkeia or Amanda.  It shines as a disaster recovery
tool but isn't very useful as a backup archive.  Mondo lets you quickly
restore a functioning system which you can then ugrade using your tape
backups.

--
Bruce

It is impolite to tell a man who is carrying you on his shoulders that
his head smells.