[Gllug] Fw: Customising a SuSE 9.0 Install Tree

Huw Lynes huw-l at moving-picture.com
Tue Jan 20 10:57:14 UTC 2004

Considering the number of SuSE.uk people that hang out on this list I was
hoping someone would be able to answer these (possibly trivial) questions.

I have a SUSE 9.0 install tree sat on an NFS server so that I can do network
installs from it. This works fine and I end up with a shiny, workstation using
XFS.

However I have a number of RPMs, some upgraded some brand-new, that I would
like to put into this install tree so that subsequant installations will use
them. Under redhat this is a case of addding the RPMs into $BASE/RedHat/RPMS
and running /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist $BASE and possibly updating
$BASE/RedHat/base/comps.xml for brand-new RPMs. I'm assuming there is an
equivalent functionality within yast2 but I can't find the documentation
anywhere.

Next if I build new kernel RPMs how do I update the install images to reflect
that. Under RedHat /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/buildinstall will build new disk
images for you.

Explanations or pointers to documentation greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Huw

--
| Huw Lynes               | The Moving Picture Company  |
| System Administrator    | 127 Wardour Street          |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk