[Gllug] Surprised...

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Tue Jan 27 10:23:43 UTC 2004

On Mon 26 Jan, John Winters wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 13:50, Formi wrote:
> [snip]
> >  Honestly never thought about it until you mentioned it, my text-crazy
> >  flatmate managed to drop her mobile in the toilet.
> >
> >  I kicked myself when I couldn't find a camera in the house to take
> >  a photo of her in rubber gloves attempting the rescue.
>
> The wife of one of my colleagues at school managed to flush hers down
> the loo the other day.  She says she dropped it just after flushing the
> loo, figured it would rest in the bottom of the U bend and so waited
> until the torrent had stopped before trying to retrieve it.
> Unfortunately, her flush was sufficient to have carried it beyond the U
> into places unknown.
>
> John

   I live at one end of an 8-house terrace block. A while ago the U-bend
just before the outlet to the main sewer from these 8 houses was blocked.
The (one) man who arrived to clear the blockage managed to get the level
down until he could see the pipe 9 feet down, then had to roll up his sleeve
and put his arm into the pipe. He pulled out a half-full brandy bottle.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk